Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Colorado Christmas

I'm up early.  Max decided to charm us with is presence at 6 a.m. ... I expected the girls to be up sneaking around to see what Santa brought (like I did when I was little) but they are still asleep, so Max and I sit here, waiting for the excitement to begin. 

It's our last Christmas in Colorado for a while .. I'm trying to let that sink it, but it just isn't sinking in.  Everything still feels so surreal right now.  I keep forgetting that our dog, Maggie isn't here anymore (my WONDERFUL sister is taking care of her while we are gone .. I owe her my life).  This morning I was  waiting for her to come down the stairs, but finally clued in that she's not here.  It's those little things .. this process is so interesting to me .. when will this all sink in??

I guess today it doesn't have to.  Today it's Christmas .. the cinnamon rolls are baking, egg casserole is ready to go in the oven, Max and I are snuggling on the couch watching cartoons, and today we are here --

oh .. and off we go ...

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment